Friday, July 14, 2006

Mold me

One Thursday, our Japanese class went on a field trip to a pottery store. Each of us got our own chunk of clay to mold into any way we wanted. At first I thought I wasn't getting anywhere when I was pounding the thing into shape. Eventually, however, the cracks were smoothed out, the edges were made even, and the finishing gloss made it look brand new! I can't help but be reminded of how God is constantly working on me--one who started out formless like the piece of clay: "Yet, O LORD, you are our Father. We are the clay, you are the potter; we are all the work of your hand." ~Isaiah 64:8

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Are you falling into a routine? In need of some excitement?

Thats what I think when i look read your journey. Hey, you should have a "Journey Journal." Anyway, kick this thing up a notch. Do something crazy! You should go clean Mt Fuji. I hear its really dirty. Or start an initiative to take down the christmas lights in Machida during the non-winter seasons. Yeah, something meaningful like that.

Take charge! Atlanta style.

"Eileen but i never fall."

GET IT?!?!

that should be your slogan.

Ron Devous